Sunday, May 6, 2012

Hi everyone,

It's been a wonderful Sunday today. Could make two greeting cards but obviously with my share of mistake and learning's. Wanted to make one thing but it turned into something else. But Thank God, my hubby and my parents (in-laws) loved it. I think even I liked the end result though I was upset with the way I goofed up with the actual design.

Anyways, before I post the greetings I made today, (and since this is my first post in my Quilling blog) I would first like to place photos of my early quilling. You shall see the difference (Thankfully it gets better, they say it right "Practice makes man perfect"). Though I know I seek perfection like many other master quillers all there (who have already reached the zenith), I know it shall take time.
Alright, without me being more wordy, please find my early quilling designs below:


 This is my very first first project of all (Yes every girl tries out flowers first). Please ignore the background, (it's a newspaper, couldn't find anything better)

 Coming up next,

 This design I saw from the basic quilling book I got for myself. Obviously, I changed the colors and design a bit. But it turned out very well.. Even I couldn't believe it could be good after just the basic shapes and quills.

Next is a special one,


This Ganesha photo I saw on the net and really loved the design. So I thought to give it a try (Yes, in the initial days of quilling itself). I definitely learned much while making the turns and curves...(hehehe)

This project was suppose to be something else (flowers over flowers) but turned out as above. I know it should and could have been better than this but somehow got different. I even used crayons on the background black cardstock I used (I guess it looks better that way). Also I wanted to try the crimped border. So here it is.Anyways, a  good learning from early mistakes.

This is a cute one. I made the green quills to be used as leaves for some other project, but couldn't use them as thought. And so, as advised by my hubby, I made it into a flower and look how cute it looks. I just gave it a art cut from one side....


This's ones purely belongs to me; I mean my design. Not copied from anywhere. Actually I got the inspiration for this design by my father-in-law. Our family business is also in to art and designs. Recently, he started this Black-White concept and it caught my eye (or better quills)... And I gave it a try... Sure it looks good... (Trying to make better ones!!!!)

This is my first Beehive technique creation. All thanks to the simple tutorial posted by Pritesh(
I simply love her work which is already liked by many quillers and non-quillers.

And now the two greeting cards I made for my Mother-in-law (she wants to gift it) today.

As usual, I wanted to make something else.But it turned out something else. I think I shouldn't think what my final result should look like in the beginning of the project because it NEVER turns out that way (hope I didn't confuse you). But anyways, i am happy at least it doesn't turn out bad (my hubby and parents and friends say so!!!)
Hope you liked it too...

And the second card I made. I know, i know it's definitely not so good (Specially seeing the above ones) but surely learned from mistakes....

Hope you liked some... I am enjoying my quilling ans love sharing it.
P.S. - Many thanks to my friend Nupur Parmar who introduced this wonderful art to me...

Happy Quilling!!!

8 comments:

  1. Hi there..Thanks for visiting my blog..Pritesh had the tutorial to the flower that I created..Here's the link to the tutorial..

    http://quillingmesoftlee.blogspot.com/2012/01/tutorial-triplet.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Syaz.
      I shall surely check it out.
      Keep posting your wonders!!!

      Delete
  2. The yellow beehive flower looks very good and your black and white design is very elegant!
    Cheers
    Sonia
    cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sonia, you liked it....Indeed the black-white idea looks good. Gonna try in some other color combinations too...
      you too keep posting your wonderful art...

      Delete
  3. Pretty beautiful creations Deesha.

    Sudha
    sudha-kalra.blogspot.in
    crazycrafter-craftsuppliesshop.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sudha for your appreciation. And thanks for the boost you gave me 'Following"....
    Your work is fantastic too..
    Keep Posting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good work Deesha........the beehive flowers have come out beautiful. Quilling needs a lot of practice, so trust me, with time you will only get better! Good Luck :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pritesh for stopping by and commenting on my blog. I know patience and quilling can do wonders... I surely am positive to give it my best while being patient..
      Thanks and you too keep posting your wonders...
      You are fabulous and so is your work!!!:) Lolz
      XOXO

      Delete

Thank You very much for dropping by and for your comment. I love reading them. Do keep coming back.
Cya... Lolzz:)....