Sunday, May 13, 2012

Hi Dolls,

How is you all?
Hope you had a great sunday. Mine was simply superb...
Since it was a second saturday, I had the weekend to myself. I had already booked the saturday for shopping for some good cardstock and some punches. (and thankfully, my hubby was all the more excited than me)
Anyways, once I got my shopping done to my heart's (and wallet) content, I started to make some greetings. This sunday I had thought of making some simple cards and here they are. This idea was an inspiration drawn from Dr. Sonia and her simple card making style.

This is card no. 1
The flower was not actually meant to be a flower. I had made these seprately for a different project but couldn't use it there. When I was done with the background cardstock for my greeting, I thought of checking my stash for some readymade shapes and found these five colorfull of them. I placed them like a flower and showed to my hubby (Yumz). He liked the idea and asked me to place a dark red color ribbon in the bottom part as you can see on the card. The puches are made by my new punch I got for myself.

A closer look of the flower from sideways. (please don't mind the picture quality. I didn't had my Sony with me and had to work with Yumz's BB)
Next one is a simple yet cute one.


 Courtsey: Yumz for the Red-Black flowers. Myself for the Cream-Black flowers. I am sure both make a lovely combination.  For the flowers I thought of making a beehive. But don't know what got into my mind (surely something good only) and I just rolled the strip and placed it in the black casing I made. And voila, it looked very preety.

Yumz asked me to keep the centre as it is cause it creates a cute star and I definately (now) agree with him. The hearts are punched out from my new punch got on Saturday. Lovely na?


A closeup look of the flower....

I am linking this card to Mishelfloschallenge - Celebration.

Next one is a special one:

I always wanted to try a window card, though I was not so sure how do you make them. But still wanted to try one with my own measurements. I am not good with maths and drawing straight lines but here comes Yumz in the picture and helps me out.... As always I guess....
Once the frame was ready, I made the metallic maroon curls and pasted them as above. My mother-in-law (PR) was observing me. I then was thinking what to do next. Suddenly she suggested me to make small curls of blue and place them on the bigger curve. Mind it, she is also from Arts (Lucky me)...
I thought it surely would look classy. I made the tiny curls and placed them. She also then suggested to segregate and place a few on the bigger curls curve. And then the pearls was again her idea.

I think I just did execution in this card. The design-head behind this is my mom-in-law PR. She deserved it after all Sunday was Mothers' Day.......


Another pic.....


So here it all goes girlies....

Hope you all had fun art and quilling time this sunday.
Would love to hear suggestions, improvements or any appreciation from you all. Also leave your blog address so I can visit and see your masterpeices too....

Chow!!!

12 comments:

  1. Deesha you are such a dear to link to me!! Thank You ! YOur crafting style is becoming more beautiful with each project!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sonia, you need not thank me cause you definately inspire easy yet beautiful ways of crafting. And about my craftibg style, so thanks for that. I still have much areas of improvement and M positive for them....
    Keep coming back. You inspire me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I would say for a first time Quiller you are doing really, really well Deesha! I couldn't do that, I did try quilling once, but got very frustrated:)

    So well done, looks fab and thanks for joining in at Mishelflo's Monthly Challenge and good luck.

    When someone follows you, you can click on their picture and it will take you to their Blog Links. I only say that because you asked for people to leave their Blog address, so I wasn't sure if you knew you could do it as I said above:)
    michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also Deesha, just a tip, if you take off word verification for people leaving a comment,they are more likely to leave a Comment, I promise you won't get spammed as Blogger now has something in place to stop this.

    Crafters whizz around Blogger leaving quick comments and REALLY don't like word verifier:(
    michelle x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Michelle,
      Thank you very very much for your comments. They really boost an amateur like me. About the blog links, I knew it but have mentioned it for anonymous comments. And Thank You for your tip. Because I never knew what that is all about. Only after you mentioned it to me about it, I searched my layout settings and realized what it is...
      Thanks Michelle for your wonderful comments. It really helps...
      I would love to improve and be a part of your monthly challenges (and may be win someday!!!)
      XOXO

      Delete
  5. Welcome to the world of blogging and quilling. Your work is wonderful and can't wait to see more! Monica

    Giddygreetings.com.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Monica. Thanks for your comments. Blogging is fun and quilling is like icing on cake. Simply love it. Thanks for droping by. Keep coming. Cya...

      Delete
    2. And just to mention, your blog is super cool. Its simply amazing. Loved your work... XOXO

      Delete
  6. oh gosh I love too see quilling,not able to do it myself,but yours is just gorgeous,really beautiful work here and welcome to the land of blogging sure you will have great fun and meet some lovely people too,,bless you for playing at MMC challenge this week,hugs Cherylxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cheryl. Thanks for the lovely words but I think my work is overrated here. There are still many improvements needed but ur words give a great power booster. Thanks again. please keep coming back. Cya....

      Delete
  7. Fabulous cards, great quilling.
    Thanks for joining us on Michelflo
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anne thnx for ur words. I myself loved to be a part of Michelfo theme. Would love to join every month. Thanks again. Cya...

      Delete

Thank You very much for dropping by and for your comment. I love reading them. Do keep coming back.
Cya... Lolzz:)....